Thursday, August 1, 2013

Just Do It

WAKE UP! You have been sleeping while I have not been blogging, but no more. I have returned from an elongated trip. It being over, I have returned. Albeit with a few different perspectives on a few different things. That doesn't mean that I won't continue to share things.

There are times, where something is sitting in front of you. It might be a ways off, or it could be right in your face (for some reason I have more experience with in your face things than far off things). Either way, they will have to be confronted. Everything will be, but these things (which, for some reason, I imagine as little imps) especially. You can push them off as long as you want to, but eventually you will have to face them.

There is a saying that I hear a lot of the time. It's both amusing and very, very true. Procrastination is just like masturbation; in the end, you're only screwing yourself. Because the longer you push that little imp away, the bigger and meaner-looking his horns get, and (in the token of Hellboy) the larger and more menacing the flame on his head will get.

So, when it comes down to it, you just have to do it. You just have to get out there and solve the issue, start fighting for your dream, do that thing you want to do. Or need to do. (Need to do, in my case.) Because it will only get harder the longer you push it off. So do it while it's at least relatively easier, because eventually, if you don't, it'll become impossible.