Tuesday, January 1, 2013

What's New

A new goal. My 500 words a day challenge starts with the new year. A goal to meet and get me a novel made and finally say that I've written one. To finally say that I've accomplished something as a writer.

A new idea. However, what I didn't know was that I would be writing an idea completely unfamiliar to me and with characters whom I've never met before. It's a mixture of new and old ideas together, but the core of it all is new. And that thought both scares and excites me.

An old genre. Fantasy. How I missed the fantasy genre, whether I knew it or not. To be or not to be a Steampunk author was the question. The answer was yes. But I'm not ready for it yet. I haven't read enough yet. Haven't researched enough yet. I'm unfamiliar with the idea. It's a scary thought, entering into a new genre. So for my new novel, I return to old ways.

A new education. At least I'll be prepared, no? Prepared to write this thing out and see it to the end. Thanks to Mr. Brandon Sanderson and his lectures, as well as the aid and knowledge of the Nano community here in Alabama, I think I am ready to actually see it to the end.

A new year. What could happen? Who could say? I sure couldn't. Not until the end of the newly arrived 2013 will I be able to tell you exactly what's supposed to happen. We just recently survived an apocalypse, who knows what else humanity can accomplish in a year? Happy New Year, everybody.