Monday, September 23, 2013

The Inevitable

It was inevitable that something like this would come. And, hey, here it is. I'm going to lay some things out about the blog (hopefully in a clear, concise manner), and by the end of this post you, my dear readers, will have a better grip of where I want to go and what I want to do with it. This is immensely important to me; this blog, what I have to say, and my readers as a whole. So, here goes.

A while back I started to try to blog on every odd day, which (besides a few month-change bumps) meant I was blogging every other day. It seemed easier than it turned out to be. You see these incredible people posting every single day and still having time to write books and stories (like Chuck Wendig, for example) and you figure, "Hey! I can totally manage to do, what, half of that? Seems easy enough." Turns out, it's a ton of work. Almost too much, in fact. I often find myself slacking on my writing, because, hey. I wrote a blog post. I'm good.

These are huge lies. Blogging is extremely tough. Now if blogging was all I was doing, blogging every other day might not be so difficult. But if blogging was all I was doing, well, I wouldn't exactly have many exciting things to blog about in the first place. And I don't want that to happen. Not for me. Not for you. Just, not really for anybody.

So! Here's what I'm going to do. In light of the fact that my "every odd day" blogging schedule has kind of turned into a "whatever odd day I think I have something to write about" schedule, I'm changing it completely. I'm going to blog two days out of every week. Being a writer, I want one of those days to share my writing progress and experiences with you all, as a way of keeping myself accountable and you lovely people informed. I want another day to continue to review books/albums/movies/etc. with you all and even share assorted, random things that happen or I pick up along the way.

So, in a nutshell, here's what I want to do:

On Mondays I will do whatever. That means life lessons, maybe some reviews, discussing the deliciousness of churros, and other things too. Eventually, I also hope to have guests post in this spot (maybe possibly).

On Thursdays I will share with you what progress I've made in the way of writing, as well as experiences or stories having to do with that. (Heck, I might have guests post here too if the chance arises.)

Posts will be up at 9:00 a.m. on most days, and never later than 11:00 a.m. (This is U.S. Central time, by the way.) This discrepancy will give me the chance to put any sudden or last minute changes I may need to make to a post just before it goes live.

I'm also adding a "Contact" page, so that you can contact me with comments, questions, etc. Feel free to use that as you wish. I will do my best to answer all comments and/or questions I receive.

Thank you for bearing with me through this, and I hope this will mark the breakthrough of a new life for this blog and for you, readers.