Friday, February 15, 2013

Just Keep Swimming...

Since my last post, I've been wondering what it is I should do with this blog. That post was the very reason I started a blog in the first place. Now that I wrote it, I feel like I don't know where to go. I mean, certainly I can keep talking about my opinions, movies I've seen, books I'm reading, etc. but with my "dream post" written, I feel like the dream's already done. Already accomplished.

So, let's talk about that feeling in relation to dreams and goals in general, hmm? After you accomplish something you've been striving for, the first reaction is normally to celebrate. You did it! How awesome! You made your goal!

But then the question you've been avoiding creeps up on you. What do I do now?

And that's the biggest problem. The feeling of being lost. That you have to flail your arms around until you can find something to grab onto. Something else to accomplish. Human nature does not allow us to be 'content' with everything. We will always seek to accomplish something, and when we do, we need something else to accomplish. And often the desire to accomplish is actually greater and more powerful than the actual accomplishment. 

Oftentimes when the goal is met and the dream is made our determination falls apart. But oftentimes, there is more to our dream than we first saw. Usually there is more. There is further to push. There is a new goal to set, and new things to accomplish. We just have to know how to make it and keep going. And that is why I will continue to blog. I will continue to share my opinions and goings on because I won't let a little helplessness stop me. "Through the fire and the flames we carry on!"